Start of School Information
Opening August 17, 2020
Dear Preschool Families,
This spring and summer have been a whirlwind of emotions and I hope you, like myself have found peace in your family, your home and our faith. As schools are getting ready to return in August, I want you as parents to feel comfortable sending your children to Our Lady of Joy Preschool. Through careful consideration with our priests, preschool staff and the new health guidelines, we are excited to open the preschool on August 17, 2020. Our teaching and learning environment will look different for sure, but our mission to love and serve our families and faith are steadfast. We will be following the CDC, Maricopa County Health Department and Catholic Schools Office guidelines to the very best of our ability. I will be sending out a more detailed email along with classroom assignments by the end of next week. Here are just a few of the ways we are keeping our families safe:
- Staggered arrival and dismissal time( by 5-8 minutes) for each class to reduce exposure.
- Daily health and temperature checks.
- Staff will be masked and it is a family choice to mask your children. Children under the age of 6 are not required to wear masks per MCHD guidelines
- 10 people in a classroom. 9 students to 1 teacher until further notice.
- All classrooms and main areas will be cleaned and sanitized each day . Playground equipment and structure will be sanitized after each class use.
- Handwashing before arrival and throughout the day. We have a great handwashing song that ends at the perfect twenty second mark. Hand sanitizers in each class.
- Students will be in their classroom, with their classmates all day, no mixing of classes.
- No volunteers in classrooms to reduce exposure for the time being.
- All lunches and snacks will be from home. We are not permitted to host hot lunches for the time being.
These are the main proactive actions we are taking to keep our families healthy and happy. I speak for all the teachers and staff in saying we miss your children and are excited to see our new and returning families. An email detailing classroom assignments, Meet the Teacher Night, uniforms, supply list and more will be arriving in your inbox in two weeks. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate in contacting me.